KUSA - Passing knowledge and life lessons onto your kids is an important part of parenting.
One Atlanta blogger and mother of two named Amanda came up with 20 things that every mother should tell her son:
- Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.
- You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don't take something away from her that you can't give back.
- Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody's got to clean that up, you know.
- Save money when you're young because you're going to need it some day.
- Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
- Pray and be a spiritual leader.
- Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
- Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
- Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
- Take pride in your appearance.
Read the rest of the advise on Amanda's blog, http://bit.ly/HY74Hq.
SIDE NOTE: In September, 2011, the blogger Amanda was diagnosed with cervical cancer through a routine annual pap smear. She survived and wants to share her cancer story too, http://www.werdyab.com/search/label/Cancer.