LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

LAFAYETTE - The teen accused of bringing a pipe bomb into his Lafayette high school will appear again in court on Friday.

The device, which was similar to a pipe bomb, was in a paper bag and found by a teacher Monday. The teacher took it outside and the bomb squad later detonated it.

At 8:15 a.m. on Friday, the judge will decide whether the 16-year-old will be tried as an adult or a minor. He hasn't been identified because he is a juvenile.

Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett told the Daily Camera that prosecutors are considering adult charges as they review the case against Centaurus High School student.

The shaved head of the the Centaurus sophomore was flanked by his two parents, who came to last week's hearing and did everything they could to avoid having to walk in front of the cameras that were gathered outside.

On Thursday, investigators searched for more evidence in Boulder on Valhalla.

Lafayette Police says the search poses no threat to the surrounding neighborhood.