FIRESTONE - Firestone Mayor Chad Auer and Frederick Town Manager Matt LeCerf signed into effect on Thursday a disaster declaration for the towns that will now permit the flow of federal, state and county funds to assist in any disaster mitigation efforts as permitted.
The Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center was activated at 3:35 a.m. this morning due to severe weather, rain and flooding throughout the area. Residents are urged to shelter in place and stay off the roads. If residents live in low-lying areas and have standing water at the current time, they are encouraged to voluntarily evacuate. An evacuation has been set up at Mead High School, located at 12750 WCR 7.
Residents should only call 911 in the event of an emergency. For non-emergencies, resources or evacuation shuttles, please call the Carbon Valley EOC at 303-833-2742.
As for 2:08 p.m. road closures include:
1. Firestone Blvd. from I-25 to Cimarron St.
2. Sable (CR 22) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
3. Bella Rosa Parkway (CR 20) from I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
4. Colorado Blvd. from Grant Ave. (CR 18) to Pine Cone Ave. (CR 20)
5. Gooding Hollow (CR 18) from Miller to Eagle
6. Tipple Parkway (CR 16) from I-25 to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
7. All exits on I-25 at Highway 119
8. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
9. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to CR 8
10. Colorado Blvd. from Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) to Silver Birch Blvd. (CR 11)
11. Frontier St. (CR 15) from CR 10 to Highway 52
12. Frontier St. (CR 15) from Highway 52 to CR 6
13. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Silver Birch (CR 11) to Mt. Albert
14. Grand View Blvd. (CR 12) from Glen Creighton to CR 15
15. CR 10 from I-25 Frontage to CR 11
16. East I-25 Frontage Road closed from Highway 52 to Commerce
17. Colorado Blvd. from CR 26 to Highway 66
The town and the Carbon Valley Emergency Operations Center will continue to monitor the weather and get information out as it becomes available. For more information, visit www.ci.firestone.co.us or www.frederickco.gov or call the local public information officer at 720-383-3730.