KUSA -The man accused of lodging death threats against a state lawmaker got a hit with a restraining order and a suspension from his job at a local tech firm Tuesday.

Franklin Sain, 42, is accused of threatening Rep. Rhonda Fields and her daughter using racial and sexual slurs.

On Tuesday, SofTec Solutions released the following statement on its Facebook page:

"SofTec Solutions, Inc. has been informed of allegations against our employee, Mr. Frank Sain. We are shocked to learn of these allegations and are taking this matter very seriously. If true, these actions are highly inappropriate and will not be tolerated. Pending SofTec's investigation into this matter, Mr. Sain has been suspended immediately from further duties at SofTec. SofTec Solutions is a minority-owned, small business and we employ a large diverse workforce. We will absolutely not tolerate any racial, sexual, gender-based slurs or threats of violence by employees."

Fields says she still takes this very seriously. She's being guarded by a state patrol detail, and she very much feels that she's still in danger.

"Yes, I'm still very afraid. [The letters, emails] were very racial. They were very harassing. They were threatening. [Sain] meant it. He knows my address. He knows where I work. So I'm very taken aback by it," Fields said.

That's why she got a restraining order against the Colorado Springs man. He can't contact Representative Fields or come within a hundred yards of her.

The Denver District Attorney's office has until next Friday's court appearance to decide on filing charges.

Fields says she wants Sain held responsible.

"I'm expecting charges to be filed and going through the whole criminal justice process. I think this behavior cannot be condoned and it cannot be tolerated," Fields said.

The racist and sexist slurs Sain allegedly used are offensive, but the reason police got so concerned is that they were coupled with direct active threats. He allegedly wrote "There will be blood. I'm Coming for you."

Sain's lawyer, Siddhartha Rathod, was critical ofFields.He said Sain was just exercising his First Amendment right and Fields is playing politics.

He released the following statement Tuesday evening:

"We are deeply concerned about the government's retaliation against Mr. Sain for his protected First Amendment political speech. We appreciate Representative Rhonda Fields's service to our community; however, we remind you that Mr. Sain valiantly served his country as a decorated Iraqi war veteran. Representative Fields appears to be furthering her political agenda by trampling on Mr. Sain's constitutionally protected free speech in order to infringe on all Coloradans' Second Amendment rights."

Craig Silverman, an attorney representing Rhonda Fields, released the following statement in response to Cain's lawyer:

"Representative Rhonda Fields is a victim of the criminal and despicable threats made by Franklin Sain. It is outrageous and offensive that Mr. Sain, through his lawyers, now continues this effort to intimidate and bully Rhonda Fields. No Coloradan need endure terroristic threats of the kind made by this accused felon. Our democracy will not function if government decision makers are subjected to this kind of brute intimidation."

Police can't remember a case like this in recent history.

Lawmakers from both parties can't remember such a nasty atmosphere in the Capitol. Republican Cheri Gerou, who's against gun control, says it was worst in the late-night floor debate.

"It was palpable. I mean, you could feel it with the state patrol. You could feel it with the sergeants. I could feel it," Gerou said. "It's one day where I didn't want to wear my badge on the floor, because it's not a day that you feel safe."

She's not sure if it's a bad mood trickling down from national politics. But she and many other lawmakers down here are hoping people can disagree in a civil way.

House Speaker Mark Ferrandino and at least two other House Democrats have received similar threats.

Sain is out of jail on a $30,000 bond. Sain told 9NEWS to talk to his lawyer when asked for comment. His lawyer has not return calls. Sain is scheduled to appear in court on March 8 where he may or may not face charges.

Fields' son was shot and killed in 2005 before he was able to testify against a gang member.

"I wasn't able to save my son, because he was murdered. He was ambushed alongside his fiancé, and I'm here to say enough is enough," Fields said previously in a gun-control debate in the House.