Thirteen people were sickened at a downtown restaurant Saturday evening.
KUSA - More than a dozen people were sickened by carbon monoxide Saturday evening in downtown Denver. The incident happened at the Noodles and Company restaurant at the 16th Street Mall.
Mark Watson, with the Denver Fire Department, said 13 people were checked out by paramedics and staff from Denver Health who responded to the restaurant. He said nine people were taken to area hospitals for further observation.
Watson said victims, most of them employees, complained of headaches and nausea.
The restaurant closed while investigators searched for the cause of the carbon monoxide. Watson said firefighters had not narrowed down the source of the leak.
Watson said firefighters' readings for carbon monoxide inside the restaurant were at 140 parts per million. He said firefighters would not allow people back inside until those readings were at two parts per million.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)