There was an explosion and fire inside a townhome in Jefferson County on Sunday.


LITTLETON- One man was taken to the hospital Saturday night after he and his girlfriend caused an explosion while cooking butane hash oil, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says there was an 8-month-old child and 3-year-old child inside the home at the time of the explosion. They are unharmed and have been placed with family members.

The incident has prompted an multi-unit investigation by West Metro Fire Department and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office arson unit and crimes against children unit.

Charges are pending and include both child abuse and arson. Police are not releasing the identities of anyone involved yet.

(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Read or Share this story: