FORT COLLINS – A chemical reaction caused an explosion injuring two people inside the Colorado State University chemistry building Tuesday afternoon.

A CSU spokesperson says a student was washing out a glass container when the chemical that was inside it reacted with the water and caused the container to explode.

One student was taken to the hospital with cuts on his face. A second student got a minor cut on his hand.

The building was not damaged and was not evacuated.

(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Read or Share this story: http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/04/29/csu-colorado-state-university-chemistry-explosion-students-injured/8482385/