BASALT - A 7-year-old Basalt girl was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after her mom brought home marijuana candy from a hotel she works at. The little girl's mother works as a housekeeper at an Aspen hotel.

The mother did not know the chocolate candy ball her daughter ate contained marijuana. Basalt police say the candy was unmarked, so they don't know how much THC the girl ingested. She is doing fine now.

Police say the hotel room's occupants didn't commit a crime because they left behind a legally purchased product. They say parents need to be careful with food that comes into a home now that marijuana products are legal Colorado.

(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Read or Share this story: