4 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

THORNTON – There are still a lot of questions after a home exploded, killing a man and scattering debris within a two-block radius.

Before the cleanup could begin, the debris and air had to be tested for asbestos. The official cause of the explosion has never been publicly released.

City officials hope to provide those residents with information and answers during a community meeting on Wednesday from 7 to 8 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Stargate Charter School located at 3951 Cottonwood Lakes Blvd. in Thornton.

On June 19, 59-year-old Gary Pine was killed when his home, located at 13072 Monroe Dr., exploded.

RELATED STORY: Man killed in home explosion identified

Just days after the investigation, firefighters said they believed the explosion was likely started in the basement and was caused by natural gas because of the placement of debris.

WATCH: Viewer video of the explosion

According to a press release, representatives from the City Manager's Office, the Thornton Police, Fire and building department, the state health department, environmental consultants and Xcel Energy will attend the meeting.

The City of Thornton is asking residents with disabilities that are planning are attending the meeting and will require assistance in understanding or participating in the meeting to please notify the City's ADA Coordinator at 303-538-7245, at least eight hours in advance so arrangements can be made.

The city also said TDD access will be available through Colorado Relay at 711 or by contacting the City Communications Division by email at cityinquiries@cityofthornton.net.

(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

4 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2014/07/16/home-explosion-public-meeting/12723973/