Playing hooky on Friday for Opening Day? Get to LoDo early for all the fun both in and outside the ballpark!
KUSA - The Rockies season has begun, however their home opener is still on the horizon. Colorado's 21st Opening Day is Friday, April 4 against the Arizona Diamondbacks and there are a multitude of activities associated with it. Here's what you need to know if you're heading to LoDo on Friday:
Outside Coors Field:
9 a.m.: Coors Field parking lots open
11 a.m.: Rooftop Gates A and B open to fans, Rooftop events begin
11 a.m.: Opening Day Fest begins at 21st & Blake featuring music, games, activities, food and drink for adults and kids.
Noon: All Coors Field Gates open to fans
Inside Coors Field (game time 2:10 p.m.)
- All fans attending the game will receive a 2014 Rockies Magnetic Schedule
- Pregame (beginning at 1:30 p.m.) will feature an "America's Pastime" themed parade around the warning track with all branches of the military represented
- An oversized American flag will be unveiled on the field by 150 uniformed personnel from the military, Denver Police and Fire Departments
- The Colorado Symphony Orchestra will perform the Star Spangled Banner
- Three first pitches will be thrown out this year: Rockies season ticket holder Andrew Wildenberg, King Sooper's Director of Real Estate, Randy Wright, and Special Community Guest Jon Lujan. Lujan, a Littleton, CO native, served in the United States Marine Corps for over 8 1/2 years and is currently a member of the U.S Paralympic Alpine National Ski Team. Jon was selected as the flag bearer for the U.S. Paralympic Team at the Opening Ceremony for the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
Opening Day is sold out, however tickets remain for the rest of the home stand. Fans going to those games will be treated to:
Saturday April 5: Nolan Arenado Collectible Jersey
Sunday April 6: Michael Cuddyer "Batting Champ" Bobblehead Gnome
Monday April 7: a Purple Monday Tee
Tuesday April 8: $1 Hot Dog Night
Heading to Opening Day on Friday? Here's everything you need to know! 9NEWS at 6, 7 and 8 a.m. 04/04/14.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)