LAST VEGAS - The U.S. men's national team has trimmed its roster to 16 players by cutting Washington's John Wall and Bradley Beal, and Atlanta's Paul Millsap.
The Americans are off this week after training last week in Las Vegas, where Indiana All-Star Paul George was lost to a broken right leg.
They will resume practice for the World Cup of Basketball on Aug. 14 in Chicago.
Players remaining who hope to make the final 12-man roster for Spain are:
- Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant
- Chicago's Derrick Rose
- Cleveland's Kyrie Irving
- New Orleans' Anthony Davis
- Golden State's Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Houston's James Harden
- Atlanta's Kyle Korver
- Sacramento's DeMarcus Cousins
- Dallas' Chandler Parsons
- Utah's Gordon Hayward
- Toronto's DeMar DeRozan
- Portland's Damian Lillard
- Denver's Kenneth Faried
- Detroit's Andre Drummond and Brooklyn's Mason Plumlee.
(Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)