The goal of every NCAA basketball team is to make the Final Four. In the College Football Playoff era, major college football teams have similar goal: The Football Four.
The Football Four is a nickname of the four-team playoff. So what is Football Four?
It is a web site from USA TODAY Sports, sponsored by Days Inn, that focuses on the the College Football Playoff and the myriad rankings and ratings that make college football the most debated sport we have.
The four-team playoff is going to be awesome, but do you think it's going remove debate from the college football equation? Hardly. "The fifth team will probably cry and moan," Mike Bellotti, the former Oregon coach turned ESPN analyst told USA TODAY Sports' George Schroeder at the start of the 2013 season, the final year of the BCS.
Football Four captures the debate, quantify the debate, explains the teams that have a case and those that don't, and keep fans apprised of what games mean the most to the postseason every week of the regular season.
- The latest news on the College Football Playoff.
- The Football Four Podcast, available on iTunes, Stitcher and Soundcloud.
- The College Football Computer Composite, which ranks each of the 128 teams in FBS each week using the former BCS computers.
- Weekly expert Playoff Projections of the four teams most deserving of a playoff spot.
- Simulations of the Football Four Playoff Projection by Prediction Machine.
- Collaborations with Dave Bartoo of CFBMatrix.com.
- Previews focusing on the games each week that figure to have the biggest impact on the Playoff.
- Paul Myerberg's weekly in-season NCAA 1-128 Re-rank.
- Rankings roundups from USA TODAY Sports and other authorities in the college football media.
- Sunday morning analysis of teams that moved into the Playoff picture and those that fell out.
- Dan Wolken's Misery Index
- Forward Progress, a review of each weekend's developments and what to watch for going forward.