KUSA - It doesn't matter what grade your student is going into this fall, there's at least one high-tech tool they'll both want and need this year that will take them to the head of the class.
Syndicated Technology Journalist and Author Marc Saltzman talked to 9NEWS about some gadgets your student will want now.
- Livescribe 3 Smartpen: A helpful way for students to take better notes and capture everything from a lecture or seminar. The Livescribe 3 smartpen allows users to write on paper and instantly transfer those notes to an iPhone or iPad. Now available, $149.99
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet: The Xperia Z2 Tablet, the slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet from Sony, features the best of Sony's TV and audio technologies for the best portable experience this school year, whether you're in the classroom, on the go, or relaxing at home. Weighing less than 1 lb, this sleek and easily portable tablet is not only great for going to class, but it also packs a powerful 2.3 GHz quad-core processor. Available Now, Exclusively from Verizon Wireless for the 4G LTE version ($499.99 with new 2-year agreement)
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable Drive: Back up your stuff anytime, anywhere. Now with one click you can protect and share your entire digital life. Perfect to take on the go, the sleek metal case design allows for the thinnest portable hard drive available with up to 2TB of capacity. It goes anywhere - without getting in your way. Starting at $99.99
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio: Perfect for tablet-toting students this must-have spacious keyboard with Bluetooth connection allows students to be productive from anywhere. The case doubles as a stand so it is perfect for typing papers or emails, reading, researching or studying. Comes in an array of colors. $99.99 for iPad Air and $89.99 for iPad mini
- Invisalign: - No more brace-face at school with newest teeth tech.
Getting ready for back-to-school season can be overwhelming, for parents as well as kids. But the right technology can help your whole family gear up for the first day of school, and beyond. But not all technology makes the grade! Laura Hubbard with the Consumer Electronics Association joined 9NEWS Friday morning to share her favorite back-to-school tech products.
(KUSA-TV © 2014 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)