KUSA - The lights are coming back on for Xcel customers that were left without power after a spring storm swept through the state.
More than 4,500 Xcel customers were without power from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs on Thursday night.
By Friday morning, less than 100 customers were affected.
According to the Xcel Twitter account, " Prolonged outages" are possible.
If your power is out, here are some tips:
- Use flashlights for emergency lighting
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed.
- Put on layers of warm clothing if it is cold outside.
- Never burn charcoal for heating or cooking indoors. Never use your oven as a source of heat.
- If the power may be out for a prolonged period, plan to go to another location (the home of a relative or friend, or a public facility) that has heat to keep warm.
Snow continues to fall in #Colorado. Prolonged outages possible. Report and monitor @http://spr.ly/stormcenterTW.— Xcel Energy Colorado (@XcelEnergyCO) May 18, 2017
© 2017 KUSA-TV