JACKSONVILLE, Fla — Cinemark Tinseltown XD will reopen August 14 with enhanced cleaning and social distancing practices, according to a release by the company.
Upon reopening, guests can enjoy "Comeback Classic" films at reduced "Welcome Back" prices of $5 tickets for adults and $3 tickets for children and seniors.
The "Comeback Classic" films are:
- Jurassic Park
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Back to the Future
- The Goonies
- Jumanji: The Next Level
- Beauty and the Beast
- Grown Ups
- The Hunt
Tickets for the movies go on sale Friday, August 7 at www.cinemark.com. There is also the opportunity to view the "Comeback Classic" films with a private watch party for up to people which starts at $99.
The enhanced safety procedures being done to reduce the spread of the coronavirus can be found below:
- All theatres will reopen with staggered showtimes to maximize physical distancing.
- Seat-Buffering Technology will automatically block seats adjacent to a party upon ticket purchase.
- Face masks are mandatory for all guests within the theatre and may only be removed for eating and drinking in the auditoriums.
- Cinemark is substantially raising the fresh air rate in its building HVAC systems by adding purge cycles and constantly using supply fans to increase the l volume of fresh, outside air flowing into our theatres. All theatres utilize MERV filters in their HVAC systems.
- Cinemark vacuums are equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters identified to be effective in trapping at least 99.97 percent of microscopic particles, including COVID-19.
- All public and high-touch spaces, such as concession stands, door handles, drink stations, self-ticketing kiosks, benches and restrooms will be thoroughly sanitized every 30 minutes using products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.
- Each auditorium will be disinfected every morning, and all handrails and occupied seats, along with those on either side, will be sanitized between showtimes.
- For additional assurance, there will be seat wipes and ample hand sanitizer available for customer use.
- Auditoriums will have limited capacities that meet or exceed local ordinances.
- Cinemark has streamlined its in-theatre ticket verification processes, no longer requiring digital ticket holders to carry a paper ticket, and moviegoers purchasing tickets at the theatre will no longer need to hand their printed ticket to an usher. All are encouraged to purchase tickets online and use contactless payment methods for a more contact-free experience.
- Guests who are not feeling well are asked to stay home, and Cinemark will gladly provide a full ticket refund.
- To help reduce potential contact between cash and food-handling areas, cash payments will not be accepted at the concession stand. However, each theatre will have a designated area where cash will be accepted, and gift cards will be available.
- There will be plenty of in-theatre signage that will encourage moviegoers to practice proper physical distancing as well as showcase the new protocols involved in The Cinemark Standard.