Thanksgiving is next week and 9NEWS Executive Director of Social Responsibility and Community, Jesse Ogas showed us an easy recipe you can try this year.
Cranberry Pomegranate Relish
- 4 cups of fresh chopped Cranberries
- 1 ½ cups of pomegranate juice
- 1 cup of sugar (can substitute ¾ cup honey)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
1. Chop the cranberries and the pecans finely, to the size of relish (You can also use a food processor)
2. Combine the cranberries and pecans with sugar or honey and the pomegranate juice. (You can reduce the amount of sugar if you prefer more of a tart dish or add more for a sweeter dish.)
3. Mix until the sugar or honey dissolves.
4. Put it in the refrigerator and let it sit for 1 to 2 hours
5. Take it out of the refrigerator and enjoy!
More recipes shown on 9NEWS:
RELATED: Healthy snacking with nuts and seeds
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Latest from 9NEWS
Watch more from 9NEWS on the free 9NEWS+ app for Roku and Fire TV.
9NEWS+ has multiple live daily shows including 9NEWS Mornings, Next with Kyle Clark and 9NEWS+ Daily, an original streaming program. 9NEWS+ is where you can watch live breaking news, weather updates, and press conferences. You can also replay recent newscasts and find videos on demand of our top stories, local politics, investigations and Colorado specific features.
To download 9NEWS+ on Roku search for KUSA.
To download 9NEWS+ on Fire TV search for 9NEWS.
RELATED: Watch 9NEWS for free on ROKU, Apple TV, Fire TV