DENVER — Thanksgiving is just two Thursdays away. So here's a reminder for turkey--and don't forget the drinks.
Here are four cocktails to shake up dinner and dessert that aren't the traditional autumn classics.
> Video above: Smaller Thanksgiving turkeys in demand due to COVID-19
Apple Pie on the Rocks
Servings per recipe: 2
- 2 oz caramel vodka
- 2 oz cinnamon whiskey
- 1 oz vanilla citrus liqueur
- 8 oz apple cider
- brown sugar, to garnish glass rim
- cinnamon sticks, garnish
- Add caramel vodka, cinnamon whiskey, liqueur and apple cider to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until the liquids are chilled.
- Add a little water to the glass rim and dip into the brown sugar.
- Place ice into a glass tumbler and pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Pear & Thyme Fizz
Servings per recipe: 6
- 2 cups good-quality apple juice
- 1 ripe but firm pear, very thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- In a pitcher, combine apple juice, pears, thyme and liqueur.
- Stir together, then refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours to let the pears and thyme infuse the juice.
- Divide between 6 champagne flutes, discarding thyme, then fill the remainder of each glass with champagne.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh thyme and serve.
Fireball Caramel Cider
Servings per recipe: 8 - 10
- 2 cups Fireball whiskey
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 bags of ice
- Cinnamon sticks and apple slices for garnish
- Fill each small mason jar with 1.5 oz. Fireball, 1 tbsp. caramel, and 3 oz. apple cider.
- Top with ice, put the lid on the mason jar, and shake the cocktail.
- Serve in small mason jars with a cinnamon stick and apple slice.
Thanksgiving Jungle Juice
Servings per recipe: 8 - 10
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 4 cups ginger ale
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2/3 cup Fireball
- 2/3 cup whiskey
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 apple, cut into thin slices
- Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl.
- Stir together.
Plan on making any of these cocktails? Post them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #9Recipes for a chance to be featured. You can also send photos with 'Near Me' on the 9NEWS app or by texting 303-871-1491.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Recipes and DIY
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER for top stories from 9NEWS curated daily just for you. Get content and information right now for can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
DOWNLOAD THE 9NEWS APP
HOW TO ADD THE 9NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9NEWS" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.