Denver dog lovers will have another place to let their four-legged friends frolic.
A new dog park is set to open Saturday morning in the Barnum neighborhood. It will be the Mile High City’s 10th off-leash dog park.
The park is on the west side of Barnum Park on North Julian Street between West 4th Avenue and West 5th Avenue.
It encompasses 33,000 square feet and has two separate areas for high and low energy dogs.
A costumed dog show and food truck are some of the draws at a grand opening ceremony slated for Saturday at 10 a.m.
To accommodate the city’s growing population, another dog park at 2405 E. Colfax Ave. is slated to open in the spring.
Before using a Denver dog park, here are some regulations to keep in mind:
- All visitors must adhere to posted rules and regulations
- All pet waste must be picked up and disposed of immediately
- Unlighted dog parks are open from sunrise to sundown, 7 days a week
- Lighted dog parks are open from 5am-11pm, 7 days a week
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered, or have a current Denver Intact Permit (Denver residents)
- Dogs must have current rabies and Denver dog license