CHARLOTTE, N.C. — If you're taking advantage of early Black Friday and other online deals, be mindful — porch pirates are trying to take advantage of your deliveries!
In Charlotte, North Carolina on Tuesday, a woman walked up to a porch, picked up the package and walked away with it. The homeowner wasn't home, but his camera captured it all.
Fortunately, Amazon reimbursed the homeowner.
According to the Better Business Bureau, package theft is a growing problem, especially over the holiday season.
Here are some suggestions from the BBB to stop porch pirates:
- Install security cameras.
- Don't leave delivered packages unattended.
- Pay attention to online tracking.
- Sign up for delivery alerts.
- Authorize a specific out-of-sight location for the carrier to leave the package.
- Secure shipments with a signature confirmation.
Click here for more holiday safety warnings and tips.