AURORA — The Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center staff hopes to have its grand opening on Dec. 18. Until then, you can take a sneak peek inside with our photo gallery and accompanying video.
Here are some facts about the state's newest attraction:
- 1,500 people worked every day for the last three years to construct the building
- 1.1 million rooms have been reserved beginning in January 2019 and going through 2028
- 1,500 rooms for guests
- 80 percent of the groups planning a convention at the Gaylord have never done so in Colorado before
- 800 of the roughly 1,200 employees are set to begin work this week
- 100 people still need to be hired
On top of all that, it's important to remember the resort is about a mile from Denver International Airport. As such, the Gaylord plans to offer a free shuttle for those that need to get to the A Line.