DENVER — Colorado has set a new record for marijuana sales in a single year.
In 2021, Colorado had more than $2.22 billion in marijuana sales, according to the Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR). That breaks the previous record of over $2.19 billion in 2020.
CDOR also released December 2021 marijuana sales figures and January 2022 marijuana tax and fee revenue figures.
The state collected $30.7 million in marijuana tax and fee revenue in January 2022.
> Above video: Studying the impacts of combining marijuana and exercise.
Marijuana Tax and Fee Revenue
- January 2022: $30,781,021
- January 2022 Calendar Year Total: $30,781,021
- December 2021: $30,609,563
- To Date Total (since February 2014): $2,049,714,026
- December 2021: $168,041,594
- January to November 2021 Calendar Year Total: $2,228,994,553
- To Date Total (since January 2014): $12,207,788,626
> Top stories curated daily just for you! Sign up for the 9NEWSLETTER to get can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
SUGGESTED VIDEO: Next with Kyle Clark
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER
HOW TO ADD THE 9NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9news" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.