KUSA — A bunch of museums across Colorado are waiving entry fees on Saturday for Smithsonian Magazine's Museum Day.
Described as "an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian magazine," nearly 30 museums across the state and 1,500 across the country will offer free admission to anyone with a Museum Day ticket.
All you have to do is choose the museum you'd like to visit, enter your name and email, then download a voucher. Each ticket provides free entry for two people, valid on September 22, 2018.
Only one ticket is valid per email address - so choose wisely!
Here's a look at participating museums in Colorado:
- Animas Museum – Durango
- Aspen Art Museum – Aspen
- Aurora History Museum and Historic Sites – Aurora
- Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave – Golden
- Colorado Snowsports Museum and Hall of Fame – Vail
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College – Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum – Colorado Springs
- Denver Firefighters Museum – Denver
- Dinosaur Journey/Museums of Western Colorado – Fruita
- El Pueblo History Museum – Pueblo
- Fort Garland Museum & Cultural Center – Fort Garland
- Golden History Museum & Park – Golden
- Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin – Leadville
- History Colorado Center – Denver
- Holden Marolt Mining & Ranching Museum - Aspen
- Hotel de Paris Museum – Georgetown
- Kauffman House Museum – Grand Lake
- Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art – Denver
- Lakewood Heritage Center – Lakewood
- Loveland Museum – Loveland
- Montrose County Historical Museum – Montrose
- Museum of Colorado Prisons – Canon City
- Museum of the West/Museums of Western Colorado – Grand Junction
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Leadville
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame and Museum of the American Cowboy – Colorado Springs
- Victor Lowell Thomas Museum – Victor
- Western Museum of Mining & Industry – Colorado Springs
- Wheeler/Stallard Museum – Aspen
For more information or to download a ticket, visit this link.