DENVER — A bank robber dubbed the "Glamour Shot Bandit" for her scarves, large hats and sunglasses is on the loose after pulling out a gun during a holdup on Friday afternoon.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the suspect is wanted for five recent robberies at banks throughout Denver:
- Vectra Bank at 3600 Quebec St. on March 22 at 4 p.m.
- Key Bank at 6405 E. Hampden Ave. on April 1 at 4:26 p.m.
- Key Bank at 3410 E. 1st Ave. on April 5 at 5:05 p.m.
- First Bank at 8901 E. Hampden Ave. on April 9 at 2:58 p.m.
- TCF Bank at 18520 Green Valley Ranch Blvd. on April 9 at 4:16 p.m.
She also attempted to rob Liberty Savings Bank at 6460 E. Yale Ave. on April 9 at 2:46 p.m., police said.
RELATED: Man robs UMB Bank — again
The suspect took out a gun at the Key Bank at 3410 E. 1st Ave., according to a Crime Stoppers bulletin distributed by Denver police.
During each crime, police said the suspect concealed her identity with heavy makeup, large hats, gloves and sunglasses.
She is described as a light skinned black woman who is between 5 feet, 4 inches and 5 feet, 5 inches with a slender build. She is believed to be in her 20s or 30s.
The FBI said her level of violence is intensifying.
Denver Metro Crime Stoppers offers awards of up to $2,000 for information about the suspect’s whereabouts. Call 720-913-STOP to share your tip.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS | Local stories from 9NEWS