Doing the same basic workout can get old fast, but add a balance board and you can target every muscle.
9NEWS fitness expert Candice Carter has three moves to try while balancing. This workout can help your chest, back, arms, legs, glutes and abs. All of these exercises can be done with or without a balance board.
1. Basic Squats
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart; hips stacked over knees, and knees over ankles
- Extend arms out straight with palms facing down
- Do 3 sets of 12
Squats target the entire lower body, specifically the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and your calves.
2. Speed Skater
- Speed Skater: Here, you're going to shift your body from side to side
- Continue Speed Skater for 30 seconds then rest for 15 seconds
- Repeat move 3 times
Speed Skater is a great way to get your heart rate up and burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. This move targets the shoulders, back, abs, butt, and legs.
3. Reverse Sliding Lunge
- Slide the back foot backwards into a reverse lunge then return to the front
- After completing a set switch to the opposite leg
- Do 3 sets of 12 for each leg
The sliding lunge is an easy exercise to do at home or at the office to develop strong glutes and quadriceps muscles. It can also help increase hip flexibility. If you don't have a slider, you can use a towel on a hard surface to get the same results.