DENVER — The Denver Department of Public Health and Environment (DDPHE) issued 20 citations for violations of the state's "safer-at-home" order over the weekend. That brings the total number of citations from DDPHE to 50.
Since the beginning of the "safer-at-home" order, DDPHE has issued 12,529 warnings, 995 of which were related to the mask order, according to the department.
Between Friday, July 31 and Sunday, Aug. 2, DDPHE reported having made 20 total citations, including five closures, to businesses for violations of the state's safer-at-home order.
> Video above: Verify: The best mask to use is the one you wear the longest.
The department ordered these businesses to close, either because they had already received warnings previously, or DDPHE considered the violations to be egregious:
- Welcome Inn at 3659 Chestnut Pl.
- Your Mom’s House at 608 E. 13th Ave.
- PT’s Show Club at 1601 W. Evans Ave.
- PT’s Show Club at 3480 S. Galena St.
- Zanzibar at 2046 Larimer St.
The DDPHE said for a closed business to reopen, it needs to submit a written plan of how they will operate in compliance with the current public health orders. DDPHE will review the submitted plan and provide a written approval for the business to reopen.
If the businesses choose not to work with DDPHE, they would stay closed until the public health order is loosened, the department said.
According to data from DDPHE, these businesses were cited over the weekend, for reasons including maks violations, exceeding the number of allowed customers, not practicing social distancing, not posting the appropriate signage or serving alcohol past 10 p.m., as is the current policy statewide.
- Qdoba at S Ulster St. – Ticketed for violations of face coverings by employees.
- Griffin Tavern at 5062 S. Syracuse – ticketed for violation of face coverings by employees
- Tetra Lounge at 3039 Walnut St. – ticketed for violation of face coverings by employees and patrons
- JD’s Bar 201 W 48th Ave. – ticketed for face covering violation by employees and alcohol service after 10pm.
- The Squeeze, at 5395 48th Ave., for violation of the face covering order by an employee.
- Urban Sombrero, at 16221 E. 40th Ave., for violations of face covering by an employee.
- Salon Ocampo, at 1733 W. Mississippi Ave., ticketed for violation of face covering order and public health order.
- 7-Eleven, at 380 E. 17th Ave., for violation of face covering by an employee.
- Family Dollar, at 4701 Peoria St., ticketed for violation of face covering order by an employee.
- Stranahan's Whiskey, at 200 S. Kalamath St., for violation of face covering order by employees.
- AT&T, at 1501 S. Colorado Blvd., for violation of face covering order by an employee.
- Mecca Tavern, at 815 Federal Blvd., for violation of public health order. Patrons were sitting at the bar without 6 feet of separation.
- Homegrown Tap and Dough, at 1001 S. Gaylord St., for violation of face covering order by employees.
- Pedal Hopper, at 2265 Lawrence St., for violation of public health order. Business was previously ordered not to operate.
- The Retro Room, at 2034 Larimer St., for violation of public health order.
Gov. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) issued an executive order mandating face masks or coverings for anyone in public indoor places, which went into effect on July 17.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: COVID-19 Coronavirus