COLORADO, USA — Some police departments are receiving a high number of calls after Colorado Gov. Jared Polis issued a statewide stay-at-home order Wednesday afternoon.
Police, fire and 911 are reserved for emergencies, and the Westminster Police Department is asking people to stop calling so those with emergencies can get help if needed.
Instead, turn to your local city, county and state websites, as well as the Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for answers.
The state released a FAQ document regarding the stay-at-home order, which can be viewed here:
Additionally, households that qualify can receive USDA food packages through USDA Foods household programs.
SBA disaster loans for small business
Small Business Administration (SBA)’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available to qualifying businesses that have realized substantial economic harm within a designated disaster area. Congress has appropriated low-interest disaster loans to assist small businesses impacted by COVID-19. These small business loans support operational expenses and aid small businesses in meeting their financial obligations.
Governor Jared Polis announced Thursday that Colorado's application for federal disaster area designation has been approved which means the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan application is now open to business owners in all of Colorado’s 64 counties.
Here are some tips for applicants:
- Include the disaster in your application - specifically name "COVID-19" or "coronavirus".
- Apply online versus by mail.
- Write your password down; neither the system nor any personnel are able to retrieve it.
- Save your work at every prompt. The website may go down periodically due to high volume. If this happens, try to login again at a later time.
- Do not rush through the application. Check and recheck the filing requirements to ensure that all the needed information is completed prior to submission. The biggest reason for delays in processing is due to missing information.
- Be sure to use the same contact information (business name and the name of all owners) that you use on your federal tax returns. Double check that they match.
- If your tax returns reference other businesses that you own, you must also submit those tax returns in order to avoid processing delay.
- If more funds are needed, applicants can submit supporting documents and a request for an increase. If less funds are needed, applicants can request a reduction in the loan amount.
- If the loan request is denied, the applicant will be given up to six months in which to provide new information and submit a written request for reconsideration.
Temporary job or volunteer opportunities
New temporary jobs and volunteer opportunities will be listed on the state’s website.
There are more than 1,000 immediate openings at Safeway and Albertsons stores in the Denver Division’s five-state region. The Albertsons Safeway Distribution Center in Denver is also hiring commercial truck drivers and warehouse order selectors.
The U.S. Post Office (USPS) is hiring about 200 people. The postal service is an essential service for purposes of its compliance with state or municipality shelter-in-place orders or other social distancing restrictions.
Positions are available throughout the state visit usps.com/careers for more information.
Help Colorado Now
Coloradans can donate or volunteer, as well as the Colorado COVID Relief Fund, which has already raised over $6 million to help Coloradans impacted by the coronavirus. Coloradans can donate or sign up to volunteer at helpcoloradonow.org.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: COVID-19 Coronavirus