Staying fit after 60 is so important, not just for your heart -- also for your brain.
We recommend 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least five days a week, plus two days of strength training. Feel free to fit in exercise whenever you can.
Pair these exercises with some low impact exercises like walking, stationary biking and swimming/pool workouts. Here are some exercises you can do while you are watching tv to help you stay fit.
Exercises from Beth Corn from Someren Glen.
- Sit and stand repeatedly
- Use bags of rice or cans to do bicep curls
- March in place-get those legs up!
- Balance on one foot and then the other
- Practice deep breathing
- Go up and down the stairs
- Do push-ups against the wall
- Raise up on your toes repeatedly
Follow 9NEWS Medical Expert Dr. Comilla Sasson on Facebook and Twitter.