KUSA — Do you love chocolate desserts, but feel guilty after indulging? Do sugar cravings drive you to eat bad things? Here's some good news: not all delicious desserts need to make you feel unhealthy.
Nearly every bad food or cheat meal you love has a healthy alternative that is both delicious and satisfying - if you take the time to get a little more crafty.
For example, instead of snacking on a processed chocolate pudding, try this paleo version.
You just need four ingredients and a blender.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup coconut milk - optional for creamier texture
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and no avocado clumps remain.
- Garnish with strawberries and a pinch of sea salt for an extra treat.