AURORA, Colo — One person was taken to the hospital after cooking equipment caused a carbon monoxide issue at the Gaylord Rockies resort in Aurora Tuesday evening, Aurora Fire Rescue said.
Firefighters said just after 5 p.m., they got multiple calls about people feeling sick at the resort and conference center near Denver International Airport. Firefighters assessed a total of seven patients, the department said. One was taken to the hospital. None of them had life-threatening illnesses, firefighters said.
Firefighters said the cooking equipment has been shut down and is no longer causing a problem. Guests may continue to see firefighters in the building as they take final air quality readings.
>Watch 9NEWS original shows, live Colorado news and weather updates, daily forecasts, and sports coverage for free on the 9NEWS+ app on Roku and Fire TV.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Latest from 9NEWS
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER for top stories from 9NEWS curated daily just for you. Get content and information right now for can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
DOWNLOAD THE 9NEWS APP
Google Play: http://on9news.tv/1lWnC5n
HOW TO ADD THE FREE 9NEWS+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9NEWS" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.