CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Crews from South Metro Fire Rescue (SMFR) responded to a call of a townhome fire Sunday afternoon.
It happened at 8132 S. Fillmore Way in Centennial. When crews arrived on scene, they saw flames on the back of the building, according to a Facebook post from SMFR.
A free-flowing natural gas line was fueling the fire, SMFR said.
Additional crews searched the interior of the home for anyone inside and extinguished the fire inside the home, according to SMFR.
Crews were able to control the fire in about 30 minutes, SMFR said.
One adult was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation and two other adults were evaluated at the scene, SMFR said in the post.
Initial calls to 911 reported a barbecue grill fire spread to the building and there has been no indication that fireworks were involved, the post said.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Latest from 9NEWS
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER for top stories from 9NEWS curated daily just for you. Get content and information right now for can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
HOW TO ADD THE 9NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9news" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.