DENVER — Best Buy is gearing up for the busy holiday season and is looking to hire thousands of employees nationwide.
The retailer announced Friday it will hold a job fair at stores across the country — including in Colorado — for seasonal Best Buy store and home services positions.
Hiring fairs will take place on Friday, Oct. 15 for all positions.
Those interested in joining Best Buy can apply online for a range of positions and submit a video interview.
Best Buy said it is offering several benefits this holiday season including:
- Minimum of $15 per hour starting pay.
- Employee discount on products and services.
- Special discounts on college tuition at various schools.
- Savings on fitness memberships.
- Savings on insurance plans, from home and auto to pet coverage.
- Access to Best Buy’s Employee Assistance Program, which provides a number of resources including free counseling or expert advice on everything from mental health, legal counsel, financial questions, crisis support and life event planning.
Because of the anticipated annual increase in package volume that will begin in October, UPS said it expects to hire more than 100,000 seasonal employees nationally. UPS said it aims to hire 2,455 seasonal workers in Denver.
> Top stories curated daily just for you! Sign up for the 9NEWSLETTER to get can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Holiday season in Colorado
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER
HOW TO ADD THE 9NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9news" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.