x
Breaking News
More () »

1 person hospitalized after Lakewood house fire

The fire was sparked by smoking materials in the living room of the home in the 1800 block of South Yank Place early Wednesday.

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — One person was taken to the hospital early Wednesday following a house fire at a Lakewood home, according to West Metro Fire Rescue (WMFR). 

The fire broke out in the living room of a home in the 1800 block of South Yank Place in the Green Mountain area, WMFR said. That's near the area of West Alameda Parkway and West Jewell Avenue.

Sky9 was over the area showing flames and smoke coming from the house.

WMFR said later Wednesday morning that that fire was started by smoking materials and that damage to the home was estimated at about $300,000.

Two people were home when the fire started and one of them was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to WMFR.

RELATED: Large apartment fire affects 81 units in Boulder

RELATED: Westminster apartment building deemed uninhabitable after fire damages 3 floors

> Top stories curated daily just for you! Sign up for the 9NEWSLETTER to get can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox. 

SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Mile High Mornings

MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS

Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER

Download the 9NEWS APP
iTunes: http://on9news.tv/itunes
Google Play: http://on9news.tv/1lWnC5n 

HOW TO ADD THE 9NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE

ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.

For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9news" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.