LONGMONT — A person was found dead after a mobile home fire in Longmont.

According to a release from the Longmont Fire Department, firefighters and police were sent out to 729 17th Avenue on reports of a structure fire with someone possibly inside just before 9 a.m. Friday. When they got there, they found heavy smoke coming from the home.

One crew member pulled a hose to the front door while another firefighter tried to go inside to look for possible victims, but the heat kept them from going in. Another person went around the back of the home and found heavy fire coming from a window. They managed to get inside and found a body in a hallway. That person was taken to Longmont United Hospital but was pronounced dead soon after that. A cat also died in the fire.

The firefighters soon got the fire under control, and none of them were injured. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, and was likely caused by careless smoking near combustibles. No information about the person who died has been released, as the family is still being notified.