A power outage may have led to untreated water from a nearby irrigation pond to flow into the water supply at Water World in Federal Heights from Monday to Wednesday of this week, the Tri-County Health Department announced.

The power outage required a repair of a broken water valve at the popular park, likely allowing water from the pond to get into the domestic water supply, according to the news release from the Health Department.

The untreated water may have gotten into the drinking fountains, swimming pools and was probably used to make ice, drinks and food at all the concession stands, health officials said.

John Douglas, the executive director of the Health Department, said the problem has since been fixed, so exposure was limited to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

He said symptoms from ingesting untreated water can include vomiting, diarrhea and fever. Symptoms would most likely appear as soon as 12 hours after contamination but might not appear until up to 45 days.

Anyone who's experienced these symptoms after their visit to Water World should call the state Department of Public Health at 303-692-2700 and then get in touch with their doctor.

The Health Department said a doctor could identify pathogens sometimes found in untreated water, including norovirus, giardia, E. coli, cryptosporidium, and hepatitis A, and then begin treatment.

No one has reported any illnesses yet, the Health Department said.

The only area affected was Water World - every customer in Federal Heights besides them is fine, according to health officials.

Staff at Water World are cooperating fully with investigators and are working to flush, disinfect and sample their drinking water and ensure their food and swimming areas are safe.

The park will be closed Thursday, postponing the unveiling of the park's new ride, the Glacier Run, the park said in a news statement. The park is slated to reopen Friday.

9NEWS has reached out to Water World and will update this post when they get back to us.

Water World, Federal Heights officials, the Tri-County Health Department and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment are all investigating the situation.