Denver — Content provided by the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
For almost 20 years, 9NEWS has honored leaders in our community who have made significant contributions to the well-being and development of our state.
We want you to nominate our next Leader of the Year!
Who can be nominated for this award?
We are looking for an individual who has strong values and puts our community first. This leader should demonstrate responsibility, inclusivity, collaboration, shared vision and leadership in both their personal and professional lives.
We welcome nominations from private or public/nonprofit sectors and from all areas of Colorado. Individuals may self-nominate.
Three finalists will be chosen by a selection committee in November 2018. The 9NEWS Leader of the Year Award will be announced live at the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation’s Leading Colorado luncheon on March 14, 2019.
How can I nominate a leader for this award?
Nominators must answer short essay questions that describe how the nominee leads and where they are activating their leadership skills. While a CV or resume is helpful to share, we are looking for more detailed anecdotes and examples of the leader’s inspiring work in action.
Total length should not exceed 1,500 words. You will be required to include contact information (full legal name, address, birth date, email and phone) for both the nominator and the nominee with your submission, as well as the nominee's current resume, biography, headshot and up to three letters of support. Deadline for nomination is Friday, Oct. 5, 2018.
The Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation and 9NEWS will present this award on Thursday, March 14, 2019, at the Leadership Foundation’s Leading Colorado luncheon.
- Elected and appointed officials and individuals currently running for office are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominee must reside and work in the state of Colorado.
- While nominee may work for a nonprofit or community serving organization, the selection committee will not evaluate the nominee for work achieved/performed as a result of a paid position. Semifinalists, finalists and the winner will be considered based on contributions to the community and the state of Colorado that are conducted as a result of work outside of their day job.
- If selected as a semifinalist, nominee must be available on the following dates:
- October 30, 2018 to interview in-person with the selection committee, at 9NEWS, located at 500 E Speer Blvd, Denver.
- Nov. 27, 28, 29 or Dec. 11, 12, 13 for videotaping. Finalists will select one date that best fits their schedule.
- January 29, 2019 to attend the Panel of Experts event and reception, featuring the three finalists in partnership with the Denver Business Journal
- March 14, 2019 for the Leading Colorado luncheon
- Mid-late March (exact date TBD) to attend the live on-air segment with 9NEWS following the luncheon. Winner only.
Deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Friday, October 5.
To nominate or for more information: http://bit.ly/LOY2019.