Denver — Nominate a leader you know for the 9NEWS Leader of the Year.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11
The Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation and 9NEWS will present this award on Thursday, March 12, 2019 at the Leadership Foundation’s Leading Colorado luncheon.
Who can be nominated for this award?
We are looking for an individual who has strong values and puts our community first. This leader should demonstrate responsibility, inclusivity, collaboration, shared vision and leadership in both their personal and professional lives.
We welcome nominations from private or public/nonprofit sectors and from all areas of Colorado. Individuals may self-nominate.
How can I nominate a leader for this award?
Nominators must answer three short essay questions that describe how the nominee leads and where they are activating their leadership skills. While a CV or resume is helpful to share, we are looking for more detailed anecdotes and examples of the leader’s inspiring work in action.
Total length should not exceed 1,500 words. You will be required to include contact information (full legal name, address, birth date, email and phone) for both the nominator and the nominee with your submission, as well as the nominee's current resume, biography, headshot and up to three letters of support. Deadline for nomination is Friday, Oct. 11, 2019 at 5 p.m.
- Elected and appointed officials and individuals currently running for office are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominee must reside and work in the state of Colorado. Judges will evaluate the nominee based on their leadership in and beyond their day jobs.
- Semifinalists, finalists and the winner will be considered based on contributions to the community and the state of Colorado that are the result of accomplished leadership.
- If selected as a semifinalist, nominee must be available on the following dates:
- Oct. 30, 2019 to interview in-person with the selection committee, at 9NEWS, located at 500 E Speer Blvd, Denver
- Week of Nov. 11 or week of Dec. 9 for videotaping. Finalists will select one date that best fits their schedule.
- Jan. 29, 2020 to attend the Leading Colorado: Meet Your Finalists event and reception featuring the three finalists in partnership with the Denver Business Journal.
- March 12, 2020 for the Leading Colorado luncheon.
- Mid-late March (exact date TBD) to attend the live on-air segment with 9NEWS following the luncheon (Winner only).
Please do NOT use an iPad or other tablet to complete the nomination, as you will not be able to upload the required attachments.
Deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11.
More information can be found at: bit.ly/2pMgSkr
Past Winners: bit.ly/2ngIf59