DENVER — And so it begins.
Denver International Airport travelers have begun to notice the first changes due to the airport's Great Hall Project: Some of their favorite dining and shopping spots are closed.
The airport says that because of the massive construction project beginning this week, all existing concessions in the Jeppesen Terminal will have to close eventually.
The good news is the closures will happen in phases.
Jeppesen Terminal concessions that are now closed for Phase 1 of construction:
- The CofTea Shop
- U.S. Post Office
- Amore Fiori Flowers
- Panda Express
- Vertical Mile Market
- Caribou Coffee
- Jamba Juice
- Burger King
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Taco Bell Express
Concessions that will remain open in Phase 1:
- Airport Baggage Center
- Boulder Beer Tap House
- Cantina Grill
- Colorado Lottery
- Hudson Booksellers
- Hudson News
- Mangelsen Images of Nature
- Peak News & Gifts
- Public Service Credit Union
- Red Rocks Bar & BBQ
- Rocky Mountain Cafe
- See's Candies
- Way Out West
- Grill & Vine
- Roasting Plant
- Sky Lounge
While they are working towards securing temporary concessions in the terminal, the airport reminds travelers that there are dining and shopping options in the Westin Hotel and Transit Center and on Concourses A, B and C.
The Great Hall construction project will take place in four phases:
- Phase 1 - middle section of the Great Hall
- Phase 2 - southern section (closest to the hotel and transit center)
- Phase 3 - northern section
- Phase 4 - where the Level 5 TSA screening areas are located today
Travelers will see temporary construction walls installed on Level 5 and Level 6 throughout July.
While the U.S. Post Office in the Jeppesen Terminal has closed, there are still mailing services offered at the airport:
- USPS drop box in terminal, further north (signage is posted)
- USPS drop boxes on A, B and C concourses
- Stamp sales & money orders at Money Exchange locations in Jeppesen Terminal and A and B concourses
- Stamps are also available at SkyMarket locations on B and C concourses
- FedEx drop box on B and C concourses
- UPS drop box on B and C concourses
To learn more about the Great Hall Project, visit FlyDenver.com/GreatHall.