LITTLETON, Colo. — Columbine High School boasted a packed gym Wednesday for National Signing Day with 17 student-athletes signing their National Letters of Intent to play at the next level.
Eight members of the 2019 5A state runner-up football team signed, including three division one players.
Andrew Gentry was one of the highest-recruited players in the state, reeling in 32 offers. The four-star offensive lineman signed with the University of Virginia, turning down the likes of Brigham Young, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Alabama.
The reigning Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Colorado, Tanner Hollens, is staying in-state with the Colorado State Rams. Hollens switched his commitment from the University of Northern Colorado in December when Ed McCaffery took over as the new head coach, and new Rams head coach Steve Addazio recruited him to his "dream school" CSU.
Their teammate Justin Lohrenz, a three-star defensive tackle, landed on Washington State. His other offers included Colorado State, Air Force, and New Mexico State.
Full list of Columbine signees:
- Ally Distler (Softball) (Colorado Mesa)
- Annika Schooler (G. Golf) (South Dakota School of Mines)
- Makenna Riotte (G. Lacrosse) (Adams State)
- Jackie Mudd (G. Swimming) (Biola)
- Erica Mock (G. Tennis) (Whitman College)
- Aden Sievert (Hood College)
- Adam Harrington (FB) (Middlebury College)
- Andrew Gentry (FB) (Virginia)
- Andrew Lauritzen (FB) (Missouri Western State)
- Braeden Hogan (FB) (Western Colorado)
- Justin Lohrenz (FB) (Washington State)
- Justin Classen (FB) (St. Olaf College)
- Stephen Hughes (FB) (Concordia)
- Tanner Hollens (FB) (CSU)
- Evan Johnson (Men’s Volleyball) (Trinity Christian College)
- Joel Basile (Baseball) (Scottsdale Comm. College)
- Mark Thurman (Baseball) (Northeastern JUCO)