It looked like the magic of Fort Collins had been drowned out in a deafening sea of green and white.

After leading by 12 points at the end of the 3rd, the Lambkins saw the heavily favored Fossil Ridge Sabercats begin the 4th quarter on a 15-0 run to quickly erase their deficit and send the sellout crowd into a frenzy.

It was then that the underdog resurfaced, caught its breath and pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the season in Colorado high school basketball.

In a tie game with just over 30 seconds left to play, Lambkins senior guard Ty Thomas drilled what would end up being the game-winning 3-pointer from the left wing, and Fort Collins stunned rival Fossil Ridge, 53-50 on the road.

The home team had a couple chances to tie it in the final seconds. But, after two three-pointers missed, the celebration began--as the Fort Collins faithful pulled off an epic court storm at center court.

The Sabercats came into the game still undefeated (7-0) in the Front Range League this season. The Lambkins, who entered the night just 1-5 in conference play on the year, were the first ones to beat them.

Seniors Ryan Oligmueller and Sam Tiley were sensational all night, helping Fort Collins go into the locker room up by 9 after sophomore Raymond Johnson nailed a 3-pointer from the corner at the halftime buzzer.

That lead stretched to 12 heading into the final quarter.

Then, Fossil Ridge showed why it hadn't lost a conference game all season. The Sabercats came alive offensively, as junior Drew Cornmesser, senior Garrett Ripsam and company sparked their team to an amazing 15-0 run to start the 4th. Just like that, it was 48-45 Fossil Ridge with just about four minutes left to go.

Most teams would get knocked out for good when getting hit with a run like that. Fort Collins didn't. Instead, the Lambkins stayed calm, and rallied to tie things up at 50 a piece with just about a minute remaining on the clock.

The visitors had the ball and called timeout to draw up a play. After roughly 20 seconds of solid ball movement, senior Ben Titelbaum drove baseline and kicked a pass cross-court to the left wing.

There, standing all alone, was Thomas, who knocked down the go-ahead three pointer. The roar from the visitors section practically blew the roof off the stadium.

A few minutes later, when the final buzzer sounded, that party would move from the stands to center court, a moment that no one at Fort Collins High School will soon forget.