DENVER — Denver Water will begin a water main replacement project on West Bowles Avenue on Monday, Jan. 9.
The Bowles water main project will take place between South Federal Boulevard and South Santa Fe Drive.
Denver Water said West Bowles Avenue will be reduced to one open lane in each direction between South Federal Boulevard and South Santa Fe Drive.
Denver Water said work will take place around the clock for about one month. Signage is in place and commuters should expect delays and avoid the area if possible.
DENVER WATER FUN FACTS:
- Serves 1.5 million people in the Denver metro area
- Operates and maintains 3,000 miles of pipe
- Operates and maintains 20 dams
- Operates and maintains 22 pump stations
- Operates and maintains 30 underground storage tanks
- Operates and maintains four treatment plants
- Collection system covers more than 4,000 square miles
> Top stories curated daily just for you! Sign up for the 9NEWSLETTER to get can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Colorado’s History
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER
ADD THE 9NEWS+ APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9news" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
Broncos podcast: Klis' Mike Drop
Denver Broncos headlines, game previews and interviews with our 9NEWS insider Mike Klis.
HOW TO LISTEN