Breaking News
More () »

Gas leak in Broomfield near Uptown Avenue and Parkland Street forces evacuations

Xcel Energy was on scene for several hours, working to repair the leak.
Credit: North Metro Fire Rescue District

BROOMFIELD, Colo. — A residential building was evacuated on Monday morning due to a nearby gas leak in Broomfield, according to firefighters.

North Metro Fire Rescue District tweeted at 10:45 a.m. that construction crews working in the area had nicked a gas line near Uptown Avenue and Parkland Street. 

The area was evacuated and residents at 11214 Colony Row were pulled from their homes out of an abundance of caution; According to the Broomfield Police Department, Colony Row is three blocks west of the "event center," which would put it close to U.S. 36 and the 1stBank Center.

North Metro Fire said in an 11:25 a.m. tweet that the gas line should take about three hours to repair.

SUGGESTED VIDEOS | Local stories from 9NEWS 

Before You Leave, Check This Out