DENVER — Now that the Winter Solstice has passed, the Centennial State continues to gain precious minutes of sunlight each day until the Summer Solstice in June.
The 5:01 p.m. sunset on Monday, Jan. 16, will be the first in the 5 p.m. hour since Nov. 5, 2022.
This year, Denver's sunsets will remain in the 5 p.m. hour until Thursday, March 9.
Three days after that, the clocks will change and Denver's sunset will occur at 7:03 p.m. on Sunday, March 12.
The latest sunset of the year in Denver will be June 25 at 8:32 p.m.
Share your Colorado photos
To submit a photo or video, share with the 9NEWS app's Near Me feature.
- Open the 9NEWS app on your smartphone.
- On the bottom right, you'll see a button called 'Near Me'—click it.
- Click the orange button in the top left part that says "Share with Us."
- Upload your photo or video directly from your device.
- Fill out the fields: give it a title, a credit, your email, and tell us where it was taken.
- It will then be reviewed and could be used on 9NEWS and 9NEWS.com today!
> Top stories curated daily just for you! Sign up for the 9NEWSLETTER to get can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Colorado Weather
9NEWS+ has multiple live daily shows including 9NEWS Mornings, Next with Kyle Clark and 9NEWS+ Daily, an original streaming program. 9NEWS+ is where you can watch live breaking news, weather updates, and press conferences. You can also replay recent newscasts and find videos on demand of our top stories, local politics, investigations and Colorado specific features.
To download 9NEWS+ on Roku search for KUSA.
To download 9NEWS+ on Fire TV search for 9NEWS.