DENVER — Now that the Summer Solstice has passed, the Centennial State will continue to lose precious minutes of sunlight each day until the Winter Solstice in December.
The 8:00 p.m. sunset on Saturday, Aug. 12, will be the last 8 p.m.-or-later sunset in Denver until Tuesday, May 7, 2024.
Denver sunsets will remain in the 7 p.m. hour until Thursday, Sept. 21, when the sun will set at 6:58 p.m.
The autumnal equinox will be at 12:49 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23. After the autumnal equinox, the sun continues rising later in the morning, with nightfall arriving sooner.
In December, sunset times in Denver range between 4:35 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
Share your Colorado photos
To submit a photo or video, share with the 9NEWS app's Near Me feature.
- Open the 9NEWS app on your smartphone.
- On the bottom right, you'll see a button called 'Near Me'—click it.
- Click the orange button in the top left part that says "Share with Us."
- Upload your photo or video directly from your device.
- Fill out the fields: give it a title, a credit, your email, and tell us where it was taken.
- It will then be reviewed and could be used on 9NEWS and 9NEWS.com today!
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Colorado Weather
9NEWS+ has multiple live daily shows including 9NEWS Mornings, Next with Kyle Clark and 9NEWS+ Daily, an original streaming program. 9NEWS+ is where you can watch live breaking news, weather updates, and press conferences. You can also replay recent newscasts and find videos on demand of our top stories, local politics, investigations and Colorado specific features.
To download 9NEWS+ on Roku search for KUSA.
To download 9NEWS+ on Fire TV search for 9NEWS.