COLORADO, USA — Coloradoans woke up to an arriving storm system Wednesday morning.
The system bought dark clouds, rain, sleet, snow flurries and even a rainbow to Colorado's Front Range and the Denver area.
The state's mountains will receive a solid dose of snow. Colorado's southwestern mountains could get up to 16 inches of snow in some areas.
We need your help telling the weather story on Wednesday. Two of the easiest ways to share your perspective with 9NEWS are through text messages (303-871-1491) and the 'Near Me' feature on the 9NEWS app.
Coloradans across the state were able to capture a stunning December rainbow. Viewers spotted the rainbow in Morrison, Golden, Denver, Longmont and more.
GALLERY: Wind and rainbow photos from viewers
Share with 'Near Me'
- Open the 9NEWS app on your smartphone.
- On the bottom right, you'll see a button called 'Near Me'—click it.
- A map will pop up, zoom in or out to find photos, videos, and stories from around Colorado.
A black pin means it's from 9NEWS, and an orange pin means it's someone shared by the community, like you! Red pins indicate breaking news.
You can even search for a specific location using the search bar at the bottom. For example, if you type in Westminster, it will automatically take you to photos and stories from that area.
To share content with us:
- Click the orange button in the top left part of the screen that says "Share with Us".
- Upload your photo or video directly from your device.
- Fill out the fields: give it a title, a credit, your email, and tell us where it was taken.
- It will then be reviewed and approved by 9NEWS.
> Top stories curated daily just for you! Sign up for the 9NEWSLETTER to get can’t-miss stories, Next and Broncos content, weather and more delivered right to your inbox.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Snow in Colorado
MORE WAYS TO GET 9NEWS
Subscribe to our daily 9NEWSLETTER
HOW TO ADD THE 9NEWS APP TO YOUR STREAMING DEVICE
ROKU: add the channel from the ROKU store or by searching for KUSA.
For both Apple TV and Fire TV, search for "9news" to find the free app to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to have the app delivered directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.