9News.com KUSA would like to send you push notifications about the latest news and weather.
Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings.
PHOTOS: Historic Georgetown
A view of a parade on Monday, July 5, 1897, in Georgetown, Colorado, looking east on Sixth (Alpine) Street at the corner of 6th and Argentine Streets. The Empire Hook and Ladder team is in the distance, pulling their hose cart (1874)
Colorado and Southern Railway steam engine number 7 and three passenger cars are on the High Bridge of the Georgetown Loop between Georgetown and Silver Plume (1900-1920)
Rows of pipe and wheel valves inside the Capital Prize Tunnel and mill in Georgetown (1900)
Exterior view of the Georgetown Courier building where the town newspaper was printed. (1951)
Exterior view of the Alpine Hose Company No. 2 Fire House. The front of the building was built by the company in 1874, with storage for the hose carts on the first floor and a meeting room upstairs (1951)
Men pose in front of frame silver processing buildings identified as the "Georgetown Silver Works" in Georgetown (1867)
Miners pose with burros and an ore car by the entrance to a mine near Georgetown (1890-1910)
Mr. Swanten is seated next to a side crank compresseor and water heater at a mine possibly in Georgetown (1930-1940)
Miners who include Ed Riley and Andy Lane pose on the Stevens Mine Tramway near Georgetown (1860-1870)
Elmer O. Davis makes an address at the ceremony for the dedication of the monument to commemorate the Georgetown Loop. Dignitaries who include A.J. Horton, Robert Rice and Ben Draper stand near the monument draped with an American flag. (1940-1950)
Exterior view of the Hotel de Paris. The hotel was constructed by Louis Dupuy, the proprietor, from three separate buildings, and was completed in 1890. (1950-1990).
Exterior view first floor of Keck Brothers' store. The central double door is open; there are large mullioned windows on either side which hold merchandise. (1898)
Stereograph view of Georgetown, Colorado, looking southeast; shows the west fork of South Clear Creek covered by several bridges and many wood construction buildings including the brick school house, built in 1874. (1874-1880)
Men who include B. C. Catren and B. C. Catren Jr. pose on the tramway near a mine owned by the Whiting Mine and Mill Company near Georgetown (1880-1900)
Men sit on horseback or stand and pose beside a log law office building in Georgetown (1874)
View of a double gravestone in the cemetery at Georgetown (1930-1950)
Exterior view of the public school in Georgetown built in 1874 and used until 1938-39. The two-story brick building, which has seven large classrooms and accomodated four hundred children, was also a center for many civic activities (1951)
Miners pose by a mine ore car at the entrance to the Argentine Mine near Georgetown. A mine building is nearby (1890 - 1901).
Panoramic view shows a pack train in Georgetown (Clear Creek County), Colorado. The burros have sawbuck saddles on their backs and haul long sections of rail for railroad construction on a dirt street. (1891-1892).