GOLDEN, Colo. — District Attorney Pete Weir announced that charges have been filed against Caleb Hasson Brewer, 17, in the shooting death of 64-year-old Robert Steige on March 9.
According to the arrest affidavit, Lakewood police were called to 8115 W. 12th Street on March 9 in response to a shooting.
When police arrived, they found the victim just outside his front door. He appeared to have suffered two gunshot wounds and was transported to the hospital where he later died from injuries.
Caleb Hasson Brewer has been charged as an adult with:
- First-degree murder – after deliberation
- First-degree murder – felony murder
- Attempted aggravated robbery
- Attempted aggravated motor vehicle theft
- Two counts of possession of a weapon by a previous offender
Brewer was arrested on March 16 and is being held without bond at the Mount View Juvenile Detention Center. He is expected to be in court Thursday to be advised of the charges filed against him.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS: Local stories from 9NEWS